This weekend, I skipped my weekly night on the streets. At first I planned not to write this week. I thought if I skip a week people might think that I must have been too exhausted from sleeping on the streets so poor me...
Sometimes, I am afraid that people might perceive me as weak and uncommitted for not doing a night on the streets every week!

I have really learned a lot about honesty in the past couple of months. I try to live being as honest as possible.
Challenging at times when for example, somebody asks you what you think of their dress and you really don't like it. Or when somebody asks you what you think about them.... Usually an honest way of avoiding difficult questions is to say: "I don't want to tell you". In some situations that doesn't work.

This weekend, we went away with friends. I slept on a balcony with a view of a river mouth under the most beautiful star lit sky. From the bottom of my heart, this is much better than the streets. It was almost magical.


While I was lying down I found comfort.
You can find happiness in other people's unhappiness.(TWEET THIS)

Let me explain before you think I am some weird sadist. Just before we went to bed, I sat around a fire with two other men. We shared some deep conversations about life, work, family, opportunities, closed doors...

The really beautiful thing about our conversation was the honesty about some of our struggles and insecurities.

Later, as I watched the stars lying in my bed, I found comfort and happiness in knowing that I am not the only one struggling with insecurities, balancing family vs work, taking risks vs being 'wise' and finding some general direction in life.

Maybe we should all find an honest space with each other and drop the walls of the I-have-it-all-together act. We will comfort one another. Here is some good news. What ever you are going through. You are not alone. Many other people are going through the same thing.


Now share! And become more honest...

Share and Connect:

You can share this story on twitter by clicking here. I would love you to connect more with me through Facebook or Twitter