Since I started blogging I have developed a keen interest in other blogs. I read a couple of blogs a week to see what other people think, feel, live, enjoy... or battle with.

I have come across some beautifully crafted blogs. Stories about real life, challenging thinking from one heart to another one, inspiring words and encouraging poems...

Wendy Van Eyck - Donald Miller - Joshua Becker... Some other ones.

For all the brilliant ones, I have also found a whole load of rubbish and nonsense blogs. They frustrate me as I feel I have wasted 5 minutes of my life reading them. Such a shame as I will never get those minutes back.

The blogs I dislike tend to be the ones that try to give the quick fix answers and advice to challenges and problems in life. The 7 steps to fixing this or that. The 4 ways for a better friendship with your dog, cat or friends. The 21 approaches to your partners heart which will change your life.

Sometimes there are some good suggestions in them and I am sure they were written by well meaning people, but life is not that simple.

People often ask me what I have learned from spending time on the streets. I have a whole array of things I have learned in the past couple of months, but the main one is:

Life is not straight forward!

There are no formula's or tricks that make it easy. There are not 7 steps or 302 approaches. Life is much more fluid and complex.

Life is a conundrum and a paradox.

This doesn't mean life can't be great. We can find peace in the place where we are while still searching for our dreams. We can enjoy the now while working towards a different future. We can have questions.

Life is very much this and that, not so much this or that. (Tweet This)

On the streets I am reminded every time that life is not a straight line, but rather a line drawn by my 22 month old beautiful daughter.




It goes all over the place. Up and down, spinning around, stopping or so it seems and starting again. It even feels like the artists - us - who are drawing this life line have no idea where it is going. But somehow in the eye of the father it is the most beautiful drawing worth beholding in his eye.

Share and Connect:

You can share this story on twitter by clicking here. I would love you to connect more with me through Facebook or Twitter