This weekend, I met an older man who looked at me and said: "Wow! You have really beautiful eyes".

I was taken aback. Kind of shocked, I didn't know what to say. That does not happen often. So I mumbled a quiet: "Thank you"...

The man could see my uneasiness and tried to settle my nerves a bit. He explained: "Listen young fellow. I am old. I have learned in life to point out the positive. What does it help keeping it to myself. When you see something beautiful or good you should speak it out so people are encouraged. Often, you only have one chance to share your positive thought with the other person. When the moment is gone it will never come back."



I found that snippet of conversation so profound! I am challenged!

Too often, I focus on the struggles of life, the hard stuff. 
There is a choice to be made. Work is demanding. Relationships are complicated.
BUT, there is a grande side to life.

A journey not enough celebrated, a story not enough told:

The wonders of nature
The miracle called life
The beauty in people
Love and kind words
Basking in the sun - swimming
Rainbows
and puppies...

I was so surprised by this gift of encouragement and positive honesty.

I am going to try to surprise others.
Kind words are like honey--sweet to the soul and healthy for the body. (Tweet This) Proverbs 16:24

Who can you surprise?

Naturally, I am good at criticizing. I want to become an encourager

Maybe we can journey together...


Share and Connect:

You can share this story on twitter by clicking here. I would love you to connect more with me through Facebook or Twitter