Asante never opens up to me. He is a young man of around 18. He doesn't trust me and why should he? He is wary of me, and of other people. I ask him a question, he dodges the answer. He is purposefully vague. The other day I asked him where he was born. He replied: "South Africa". Well thank you...

Who do you share your struggles with?

The last time I hung out with him, I took some photos of the group and myself. I wanted to take a photo: Him and Me. To get that right you have to keep the camera at arms length and sit real close. So, Asante shifted closer to me, so close, to rest his head on my shoulder. It was what he needed. After I finished taking the photo's he kept his head on my shoulder. He stayed there. It seemed to give him peace.

                                           Asana, Asante and I

Sometimes, a shoulder to rest our head is all we need. (Tweet This)

Asante has his battles to fight. I don't know his story. He isn't willing to let me in... He is a very decent young man who seems deeply hurt. This is his bid to protect his heart.
For now I will lend him my shoulder.

Who do you know needs a shoulder to rest their head on?

Share and Connect:

You can share this story on twitter by clicking here. I would love you to connect more with me through Facebook or Twitter