It happened in a moment. It happened in a whisper.

Walking in the mall, I spotted a young man with his mom pushing a trolley. He was clearly not 'normal'. He was disabled. I felt sorry for him.

He was struggling to walk whilst pushing a trolley. I suspect that the shopping trolley was his support system. He looked late teens or early twenties. Not man nor boy...

As I walked passed him, I put out one of my more naive prayers. I just quickly whispered beneath my breath: 'God heal this young man.'

I walked on and turned the corner. In that moment I think I heard God speak, but it could have been my own imagination. It went something like this: "My son, maybe this young man is just the way I wanted him to be. Maybe you need more healing than this man."


I fought with this thought for some time. I think I know what is right for myself and for other people. I feel I would be a better God at times than the one who is in charge.

I have an inherited struggle with accepting where I am. I rather long for the next thing.

God is God and in Him we trust - or not (but that still will not change a thing).

Finally, what I think needs fixing is maybe just fine the way it is. And maybe what I see as perfect is in need of total redemption.

Connect:
I would love you to connect more with me through Twitter