Spending time on the street sucks! I enjoy meeting new people, but it is never easy. Firstly, I feel scared being on the streets. I have been going on the streets for some time. I am still scared.
Secondly, everything is intensified when the heavens open and it starts raining.

We live in Africa. God's home continent. You might think that in Africa it never gets cold and miserable. Well think again. It can get cold, windy and rainy. And its just March...Winter is still to come.

I sat down with two new guys I met. Robert and Daniel. Robert is a self confessed super druggie. In his words: I use everything and anything all the time at the same time. He is a gentle giant. I really got on well with him. Daniel is a huge African guy who is sick and seems to be fading away at a rapid rate.



As I sat down with them on the sidewalk, the rain began to pour. We were sheltered, but the wind did a good job of blowing the rain all over us anyway. It was cold. The pavement we were sitting on was cold. I was shivering. When you get wet on the streets you are in real trouble. There is no place to get dry. Chances are, you might not have a spare set of clothes to change into. Being wet brings your body temperature down from cold to freezing.
It was really eye opening for me.

If you live in a cold country consider giving an extra blanket to the homeless.

At one point Robert asked: Is this what I get from this God that I believe in and worship?
I didn't know what to say... I still don't.

After a night on the streets I have more questions than answers.

What are your questions about life?

It's ok to ask and to have unanswered questions in your life. (Tweet This)

Ask questions. Search. Seek. Dig deep. Get some answers. 
Somewhere along the way try to find peace in the paradoxes and conundrums of life.

Share and Connect:

You can share this story on twitter by clicking here. I would love you to connect more with me through Facebook or Twitter