On Saturday night, whilst walking, my eyes caught a middle aged lady, dressed weirdly, sitting on a bench. I walked over to her and introduced myself. These are some extracts from our completely surreal conversation.

Me: Hi how are? My name is Michiel. Can come and sit down and chat a bit with you?
Her: Yes, Please. My name is Annique. I saved 9 million people in the war.

Me: I beg your pardon... Say that again.
Her: Yeah, well I saved 9 million people in the war. I carried them in my arms. All of them.

Me: At the same time?
Her: Well obviously not? I also trained 8000 cops in New York. That was a lot of work. I like doing training with the cops. I also developed weapons.


Me: Oh, for real...
Her: Yeah I developed new weapons. Men from the army and the police wanted to use them, but I locked them in places. Places I need to unlock... You know what?

Me: No - I seriously have no idea.
Her: I have locked weapons in places in 7 different countries. I lived in those countries. I will tell you my secret. My dad was the king of Spain, Portugal and Italy. My mom was the queen of Germany. We didn't share that with anyone as we wanted to stay low key. The saddest day of my life was when the both died...

Me: I am so sad to hear that. How was your childhood?
Her: I never was a child. When I was one month old I operated on my mom. She needed a brain op and I did it. I wrote a lot of books. Medical, story and weapon ones. Yesterday somebody ripped 480 of my books apart.

Me: Wow
Her: One of the army guys who tried to steal the weapons I designed, came earlier today to apologize. I never was a child. 15 Christian Nuns came from Pretoria and stole most of my things.

Me: Nuns are well into crime...?
Her: They are. It is so sad. They could not open the places I closed so it will be ok. My ex boyfriend stole more things from me, but I found them going through 500 flats and houses.

Me: If you could give a group of people one piece of advice what would it be?
Her: You can achieve what you want to achieve. Don't have a low self esteem. (Tweet This)

We talked for over an hour. It was the most craziest conversation I have ever had, but quite refreshing. She was so excited that someone was willing to listen to her.

Who do you need to make time for?

How often do you meet a princess who lives on the streets? I am so gutted that Annique has to live on the street. She clearly belongs in a home to receive appropriate care, but that is not available for her. I am.


Who is Annique in your life? 

Share and Connect:

You can share this story on twitter by clicking here. I would love you to connect more with me through Facebook or Twitter