Lately, life has been confusing.
I feel I need to find purpose, direction. 2014 came around quicker than I expected. 2013 finished before I had finished with it. Staring down the barrel of a new year caused me to reflect.

New Year resolutions needed to be made. I have resolved not to stick with the status quo. To live with intention and to Fight for Freedom. A freedom for me to express who I am, but more, a freedom for others. Freedom of poverty, oppression, inequality... I want to fight for the suppressed, the weak and the lost. All this while reconnecting with my heart.
Myself and Alfred

What moves your heart?

I have always had this nudging to go and sleep on the street with the homeless in the rough part of town. So I set a date and got ready. People might wonder why I posted it on FB?
I'll be honest: I wanted to chicken out at the last moment so having some FB accountability helped me get in the car and keep to my resolve.

That evening before I went out, it seemed that I had plenty of reasons to stay home.
1: I injured my back trying to show off how strong I am by lifting a trailer at work - conclusion not very strong. Sleeping on the concrete would not help my back.
2: I was scared. Surely this was a sign of the divine one that this was a bad idea.
3: It was windy and it was going to be a cold night. This is PE it's always windy!

What are your 'reasons' for not following your dreams?


May I add that I was petrified. This is a South Africa where we all live in fear. We hate it and we love it at the same time. It makes us feel special, because we can survive in this crazy and dangerous country!


My "home" for Friday nights