Most of you don't know my couch. She is grey, old and tatty. She is a second hand piece of furniture and in comparison to other people's couches pretty average.

But I love her!

Every Friday night I have a battle on my hand. Shall I go back to the streets and engage with a broken and difficult world? Or do I sit on my beloved couch? It really ends up being a fight between couching and engaging.
                                              This is not my real couch - this is the dream!?!

Now my choice isn't just between the street and my couch. My choice is much bigger. I find it easy in life to make the easy choice. The choices where I can just sit back and do the bare minimum. I find it easy to disengage. We all have our couches - I mean not just literal couches. We all have those things that pull us into apathy.

What is your couch? (Tweet This)

Apathy, a state of non engagement, is our worst enemy!

We need to relax in life. Life is not all about doing, life is about being. (Tweet This) But from being we should engage in the world.

So on Friday I will go back to the streets. My couch will tempt me, but hopefully the needs, the challenges and pains of others will move me past my couch right into the arms of a broken story.


Kill the couch!!!

Share and Connect:

You can share this story on twitter by clicking here. I would love you to connect more with me through Facebook or Twitter