My week started on a rather challenging note.

Monday, I went to the dentist for a checkup. I knew there was something up with my last and only wisdom tooth, but I didn't really know the extent of the problem until the dentist said: "Do you have enough time so we can remove this wisdom tooth immediately?"

So my wisdom got pulled in the chair. It hurt. The pain became worse and worse. I began to develop what I would describe as a sweet yet disgusting taste in my mouth. Friday, I went back to the dentist who was notably worried as the wound was infecting badly, possibly into my eye......

I started antibiotics. The pain has subsided.
I should have rested during the week.

But I had to keep working to stay on top of the bee work as spring is in the air. Wednesday I worked all through the night looking like a lopsided chipmunk - we transport our beehives at night. But I could not find the strength to do a second all night run. So I got my colleagues to do them. They did a bad job.
I will be apologizing to clients and getting things sorted.

We moved house this week. The whole month of August has been caught in a drought. There has been no rain. Except - yes you guess it - on the day we move in great South African style with a open pick-up (bakkie) and an open trailer. The move still happened, but it took longer and we did a lot more mud cleaning than planned.

The week kind of sucked in many other ways... It just felt like one of those weeks. I moaned a lot, ate a lot of soup in pain, and I started accepting the fact that the week sucked and maybe with it life kind of sucked as well...

I started making agreements with my negative side. I can be so full of self pity. 

This came to a halt when I dropped my nanny Brenda home after a days work. Brenda helped us with our move and works for us once a week. She is always positive.


The photo is a street view from her home. Me and my socially equal friends moan about potholes in our streets. She doesn't even have a street. She has to go and fetch water by the electric pole you see in the distance. Yet she chooses to approach life positively.

I stopped moaning. I apologized to all cosmic powers out there for my self centred behaviour. I will try to approach life positively this week and focus on the good.


La Vita E Bella - Smell it, taste it, feel it


Share and Connect:

You can share this story on twitter by clicking here. I would love you to connect more with me through Facebook or Twitter