I have been challenged to change some things in my life. I have a personality that withers under the stale and static of life. They scare me. I want to continually be an innovator. I want to be an adventurer. I want to live life to the full.

At some point, everybody needs to change something in their lives. (Tweet This)

My friends on the street have a big struggle with addictions... Most of them, about 93%, have a serious alcohol, drug, or a substance addiction. They know the harm and want to change. They don't really want to be junkies. They don't want the life they are living.

They want change, but they are not willing to pay the price.



I am not judging them. I want change in my life, but it costs. I am not always willing to pay the price.

Change often sounds like a nice idea, but in reality it means letting go of something or someone. It often means taking risks and facing our fears.

Change is a beautiful word when it applies to others. They need to change this or that...

My homeless friends know they need to stop using substances, but they are not willing to pay the price - going to rehab. Going through the withdrawal process.

This is the scary thing. Some of them have been to rehab, but fall back in their old habits within months. They paid the price and not much changed after all.

A psychologist friend said that 80% of people want to make major changes in their lives. Of those 80% only 20% will succeed. All the others will return to their old ways and be stuck their forever.


What do you want to change? Are you making it happen? 

Share and Connect:

You can share this story on twitter by clicking here. I would love you to connect more with me through Facebook or Twitter