Dion makes his home on a grass street corner, a few km from where we live. Ironically, he lives in one of the nicest neighborhoods in Port Elizabeth. Every night he sleeps under the same tree bordering a golf course.

This afternoon, I went out on the streets to give out apples, hats, socks and toothbrushes given to me by a couple of friends.

I had a chat with Dion. This is his story:

My name is Dion. I have been living on the streets for 10 years. I used to live with my mom. When she passed away 10 years ago, her house was sold. I got a bit of the money from the house sale, but I had nowhere to live. Soon thereafter I ended up on the streets.


The good news is that this is my second life. My first life was on another planet. On that planet I lived with three sisters. One of them really liked me.

I built cars on the planet. Lots of them. I had a factory without any people and I built 1000 cars per day. Today I am just trying to get my machine back. My machine to suck up people.

When I have my machine back I will suck up all the people. I will then only release the people from Port Elizabeth and the people I like.

I have many children. I have over a thousand children. I did not get them through a relationship with a woman. I made them.

At this point I felt compelled to interfere and ask a question:
So you lived on another planet and made children. How did you do that?

His answer:
Well I am God.

The three sisters were first God, but they went to parliament and signed all power to me. I own all banks and factories. I am just waiting for the banks to release my money so I can go and pick up my machine to sort out this mess.

The sad truth is that he really believes his story. He is convinced that he is God.

Weird and so tragic. This man does not belong on the streets. He belongs in an asylum, where he can be cared for and shown love.


Share and Connect:

You can share this story on twitter by clicking here. I would love you to connect more with me through Facebook or Twitter