July first is less than a week away. Halfway 2015
Hard to believe.

My main New Year's resolution was to look better after myself. It hasn't really worked out the way I intended it to go.

I started anti-depressants just before the turn of the New Year. I needed to take the edge a bit of my border case living. I needed to find some peace and space in my head. I wanted to create a place where I could start dealing with some of the challenges in my life rather than fight the symptoms. 
It worked for a couple of months. Afterwards, my weeks seemed to become very monotonous. I don't function in the grey. I need colour.
I need passion in my life.

In April I slowly weaned myself off the antidepressants. One quarter a week.

It worked. I coped well for a couple of weeks. 
I thought. 
Often the people around us see our depression quicker than we do. While I was on Meds I didn't want to make the changes I need to make to find peace between my emotions, thinking and living. I thought people would not believe me. The problem with not making the necessary changes is that I ended up living with all the same ingredients still in my bowl of life.
The result: I turned in another depressive cupcake.
I haven't been kind to myself. I still believe I need to fight my own fights all the time. I still see antidepressants as something for the weak and needy. I feel ashamed that I am starting meds again.

I am running two startups in a notoriously difficult country to get anything done. I live in the midst of rocky and shaky relationships. I live in a country which isn't home. I have no family near...

I need to give myself a break. Do you need to give yourself a break?

Half way in the year I am back at square one. Back in a place I don't want to be.
Try to enjoy the journey and worry less about the outcome.


What's next? Changes - slowly and non impulsive.

Connect:
I would love you to connect more with me through Twitter or Instagram