Last week I wrote a blog about trying to live for a month on the South African minimum wage.

I failed. I lasted for about 24 hours.

I thought this would not be too hard.
I have completed some challenges:
I did abstain from chocolate for a whole year during 2014.
I finished my degree correspondence.
I lost 30kg's in 6 months.
I spend nights sleeping on the streets with the homeless.

Image result for cheap polony
Polony...

I did not realize how hard it would be to cut all pleasure out of eating. With living on the minimum wage there is very little space for the little extra's - in food and in life.

Living on the minimum wage is hard. Cheap food sucks. I started my budget living with a typical workers meal: White bread and polony. I nearly vomited. I would rather eat care tyres than ever have to eat cheap polony again. It was horrible!!!

I might have another attempt at this challenge, but I will need to change my living circumstances.

Two lessons for me - maybe for you: 
1. It's okay to fail.
2. Do not eat polony!!! Ever!!!

No risks, no rewards. 

Connect:
I would love you to connect more with me through Twitter or Instagram