I let my first member of staff go.

I fired him.

It feels terrible. It feels really wrong.

This is not why one pours his or her life in a startup. I want to create job. I want to see people thrive and reach their potential.

But with G this didn't work out.


I hired G in December. His family back ground is complicated. His dad was murdered. His family are very poor. Life is hard.

Since he started working he has missed work on so many occasions I had to do something as it was affecting the morale of my staff.

I think he has a drugs or/and alcohol problem. I organised a place in rehab for him. The councillors of the rehab told me that I cannot change him. He needs to make the first step by acknowledging his addiction.

Against my labours consultants advice I asked G if he had an addiction. I asked if I could help.

He turned me down. He turned help down, an opportunity to start again.

I wonder where he will end up. He is a good man. As struggling man, but aren't we all struggling in some way.

Be blessed G. Travel the journey of life well. May you find freedom.