We study degrees. Get engaged. Get married. Go to school. Find a religion. Have children. Buy a car. Open bank accounts. Invest money. Buy houses. Get jobs. Change jobs.

I have done many things in my life. Not good nor bad. Not right nor wrong. I just did them. Lately I wonder out loud why I do what I do.

I have done a lot because it was the cultural, had religious approval or met my family's expectations. I supposedly 'pleased' them (them we refer to when we are not too sure who). The truth however is that none of those 'them's' are pleased. They are all on their own life journey.

I realize that finding freedom has to start with finding the 'I' within me. Who am I? What do I want in life? What do I want from life?
This might all sound very selfish. It might be selfish, but life is too short to only go through the motions without stopping from time to time to questions the why's and what's in life.
The fear of change and the comfort of what I have hold me back.

I am trying to slow down to hear the story that is unfolding in my heart. What is the unfolding story in your heart?
Our hearts are not evil of deceitful. Our hearts are the place where we connect more and deeper with the meaning of life - YWH.

Our stories should not be about meeting other people's expectations, but they need to be about us being us. It needs to be about playing - (we should play more) - fulfilling our part in the bigger story of the universe. It doesn't have to be grande for the world, but it needs to be deep and real for our hearts. It needs to unlock passions and bring life.


My story in search of freedom is only just starting.

Connect:
I would love you to connect more with me through Twitter