I am driving in my car past a location - township.
I see 10 little black children sitting next to the road huddled around a box.

My immediate thoughts are: will they kill the puppies in the box after severely abusing them or will they use the kittens they caught to knit a life blanket after which they will slowly club them to death like innocent baby seals.

I drive on and hate my thoughts. Why do I think this?
But it probably true - again - Why do I think this?

I pull over and turn around.
I will go back and say hello while having a look in the box.
20 Rand - 1 euro - will set these puppies free.

Imagine my instagram post: A selfie with a box full of puppies
with the caption: 
These guys saved by the bell #IamABell #Lucky #PuppiesOfInstagram #IamAHero #AllBecauseOfMyRacistThinking

My last # wouldn't make the cut. 

If I saw a group of white children play with a box in a middle class area my thought would have been: great to see a group of young future engineers and doctors experiment with this box. #kidsAreCute #DamnThisPartOfTownIsGorgeous


I went back.
I had a chat with these kids. They were playing with an empty box. #losersOfInstagram #Me

I don't like my little racist brother living inside my head. I will try to stop feeding him. If in doubt I shall chose to engage with people.  


#NoPostOnInstagram