When I was a youth worker, I was often confronted by older people with complaints about my young people.

I always disagreed. Young people are awesome. They have dreams. They believe they can change the world. They often do.

Older people however, have always freaked me out. They seem too smooth. Smooth is never good. Unless you are a life insurance salesman... which is also not good. So never!

I finally have proof of my ever present suspicion towards the elderly.
I was invited to do a talk at a local walking club about Beekeeping in South Africa. They were a lovely bunch of people. The average age was rather high.  Here I can add that my grey hair blended in nicely.

After I finished my presentation, people showed their real colours. 10% of the 'congregation' asked me about CANNABIS HONEY. (10% was 4 people)
Can it be made? Yes - excited smile
Does it have 'Healing' powers? Not sure - a look of disgust with my no knowledge
Do I have it? No - disappointing eyes
Where can I get it? ... - a look of craving and desperation

One older gent asked me if I would put beehives in a cannabis field to pollinate the flowers and produce cannabis honey?
He assured me it wasn't for himself but a friend of his.
When I told him I can put my hives anywhere he asked for my phone number.

Old people are the new problem. The youth is fine. Leave them alone.

Rather worry about those smooth elderly...